Welcome to OCF, Jay! Im so sorry about what you have been thru. You certainly are very lucky to have had your heart problems detected while you were in the hospital. That could have turned into a very serious life threatening issue.

The following link may help you with eating. Im one who struggled like crazy trying to eat after going thru rads. With everything I went thru my eating was one thing that never returned to my pre-cancer condition. Im not complaining as I know how truly lucky I am to still be here, but it sure would be wonderful to one day eat a pizza, steak, taco, etc... Gloria mentioned canned pears, I actually had trouble with pears. I still cant eat them frown Maybe it was a texture thing, or its just another of my quirks??? Anyway, I found canned sliced or diced peaches to be the easiest to get down. How well you do going thru rads is a direct connection to how well you do with your daily intake. You definitely need the help from a dietician. You probably need a barium swallow test to ensure your swallowing is safe and no liquids are seeping into your lungs.

I also take a liquid multi-vitamin thru my tube. Centrum makes adult liquid vitamins which can easily be found in most drug or grocery stores. Its anywhere from $8-$12 a bottle which lasts about a month. Check with your doc if this would be ok. Some supplements can cause issues with medical treatments so always ask before trying.

Best wishes with everything!!!

List of Easy to Eat Foods

Christine
SCC 6/15/07 L chk & by L molar both Stag I, age44
2x cispltn-35 IMRT end 9/27/07
-65 lbs in 2 mo, no caregvr
Clear PET 1/08
4/4/08 recur L chk Stag I
surg 4/16/08 clr marg
215 HBO dives
3/09 teeth out, trismus
7/2/09 recur, Stg IV