Im so sorry you are going thru this!!! You must be absolutely miserable and exhausted. Your side effects are not something Ive experienced after any of my surgeries. Since it came on out of the blue after your surgery I'd say its related. I would definitely call your doc and get checked. Im surprised you were sent home so quickly after your surgery! TORS surgery patients usually fare better than someone with a regular surgery. Ive read about super fast recoveries and less side effects with TORS. I hope your quick release wasnt due to an insurance company rushing you out the door and that it was due to your own speedy recovery after surgery.

The mucous actually sounds like what Ive had after finishing rads. The first few weeks post rads were horrendous (for me, not everyone)!!! The thick gunky mucous was so hard to get out of my mouth. A portable suction machine works wonders!!! Ask your doc to write you a prescription to get one from a medical supply company. When you see your doc, they should easily be able to see what you are talking about in the back of your throat. ENTs offices always have a suction machine so get the nurse to use it to get rid of your extra mucous.

As far as the funky taste goes... it must be related to the surgery too. Ive only had one person over the years have serious problems with their taste and that was after rads. During rads our sense of taste is affected, for some it takes a very long time to adjust back to normal. Whatever was done during your surgery it seems to me your salivary glands were affected and are now working overtime. Yes, it could be something to do with reflux. I just think all of this just starting means its an after effect from the surgery. All the poking around looking for the primary could have everything swollen and temporarily not working properly. Of course this is just my UN-educated guess. See your doc and hopefully they will have some answers as to what happened to cause this and how long it will continue.

I suggest sleeping propped up on at least 3 pillows, if possible raise the head of your bed or sleep in a recliner if you have one. After everything I went thru during my 3 rounds of OC, my sinuses are permanently damaged so its like I have a head cold 24/7. Im not sick and Ive adapted to this so it barely is an issue anymore. I take childrens liquid benedryl to help with the post nasal drip. Ask your doc if this would help with your mucous. Dairy products make sinuses and mucous worse so try to temporarily avoid anything dairy. Cream in your coffee shouldnt be a big deal but a milkshake or sitting down to a bowl of ice cream definitely will make things worse. Maybe a humidifier would help? All these suggestions check with your doc and see what they think if it would help you.

Please let us know how you make out and what the doc suggests to help your issues. Hang in there!!!

Christine
SCC 6/15/07 L chk & by L molar both Stag I, age44
2x cispltn-35 IMRT end 9/27/07
-65 lbs in 2 mo, no caregvr
Clear PET 1/08
4/4/08 recur L chk Stag I
surg 4/16/08 clr marg
215 HBO dives
3/09 teeth out, trismus
7/2/09 recur, Stg IV
8/24/09 trach, ND, mandiblctmy
3wks medicly inducd coma