Thank you so much both Christine and Gloria.

I called my RO again and left him a message wishing to talk to him, and I also called the surgeon and managed to get his secretary to squeeze me in for a quick chat before a surgery to discuss this. My RO was initially torn between whether to continue radiation and yes, zap that neck extra hard like you said Gloria, or to proceed with neck dissection first and delay treatment. I don't understand why we can't do both - not waste time by delaying radiation on the one side and just give the other neck side a little bit more time to recover before engaging it as well. I'm not a doctor either like you said, but my RO is potentially talking about about a neck dissection AFTER radiotherapy, which I don't like the idea of at all.

I don't want to advocate to my doctors how to do their jobs, but it doesn't inspire confidence in me when my RO is confused as to what to do and has to call up my surgeon to talk it over, who is in very high demand and probably wouldn't want a neck dissection unless it was absolutely needed to. I feel like my life is at stake and logistics and bureaucracy is in the way from me getting the absolute most aggressive treatment off the bat, instead they seem to advocate a rather reactive, "we'll deal with it as we go"-attitude.

Makes me so sad. Unfortunately as I'm in Canada I have no idea where I'd go to for a second opinion, as this guy is supposed to be the best in my province, and he's part of the cancer agency here.