I am very sorry but I know hardly anything about leukoplakia and dysplasia besides what Ive already posted. OCF does have a few members who have had dysplasia turn into cancer. Off the top of my head Im sorry but I cant remember the timelines of the people I have in mind. Most often dysplasia does NOT turn into cancer. I know you have a issue with the dysplasia/leukoplakia, but to me, I see you as very very fortunate person that you do not have cancer. Im sorry but I cant think of any member who had their leukoplakia turn cancerous. Almost all of our active members here are oral cancer patients or caregivers. We have very few members who have leukoplakia or dysplasia. I cant think of any who are currently active on our forum. I know there are some so hopefully someone who has been down a similar road with their leukoplakia or dysplasia turning cancerous will respond soon.

Besides getting a second opinion, its a good idea to keep an eye on your mouth sores yourself. We all need to be proactive and be our own best advocates. Dont check it every day as that tends to lead to checking it many times a day. Once a week or every other week is enough to notice any changes. If you would notice a change, make an appointment right away for your doc to do a thorough exam.

Christine
SCC 6/15/07 L chk & by L molar both Stag I, age44
2x cispltn-35 IMRT end 9/27/07
-65 lbs in 2 mo, no caregvr
Clear PET 1/08
4/4/08 recur L chk Stag I
surg 4/16/08 clr marg
215 HBO dives
3/09 teeth out, trismus
7/2/09 recur, Stg IV
8/24/09 trach, ND, mandiblctmy
3wks medicly inducd coma