I know you can only do so much being the sister of the patient. Even though I hate to admit it, most patients (myself included) can be stubborn and when given a choice often will not make the best choices. I thought of another idea... maybe print and give the posts to your brother or you can email the posts you made along with the replies received directly to him Sometimes patients will not make the best choices when facing very serious medical situations. I was there myself and almost chose not to seek treatment when my cancer returned for a third time. I was facing a huge surgery and had a very slim chance of survival. I was thinking of what would be best for my 2 teenaged children who needed their only parent to be here with them. It was the kind and very knowledgeable members of this forum that eventually got me to see the light and understand I couldnt just quit, especially without even trying for a cure. Im one of the very few who can come back and say Ive beat the odds and Im still here 8 years later. I really think hearing what other fellow patients like Paul and myself say carries some weight. Gloria is a caregiver who was by her husbands side thru some very difficult days, sadly he didnt make it. She knows all too well how horrible this disease can be. I try to avoid putting too much faith in the numbers as Ive beat the odds. Hopefully your brother will get the ball rolling and get to a CCC so he will have a better chance of survival. Time really is of the essence in his situation.

Best wishes!!!

Christine
SCC 6/15/07 L chk & by L molar both Stag I, age44
2x cispltn-35 IMRT end 9/27/07
-65 lbs in 2 mo, no caregvr
Clear PET 1/08
4/4/08 recur L chk Stag I
surg 4/16/08 clr marg
215 HBO dives
3/09 teeth out, trismus
7/2/09 recur, Stg IV
8/24/09 trach, ND, mandiblctmy