I want to reply to the dental issues and ORN worry by explaining my husband's experience dealing with this complex situation. I'm copying a previous post of mine. It will likely sound overwhelming to you right now, but it's imperative to get to the best MDs before any teeth are extracted!

I would strongly encourage you to seek out the most qualified oral surgeon with experience in H&N cancer, even if it involves travel. My husband started having dental issues a few yrs post-tx., a few cavities, two root canals, leading up to an extraction in 2013 with difficult healing.

We ended up traveling 3 hours to consult with an oral surgeon working on a H&N cancer team at a large NYC hospital. What a difference that made! The level of expertise in comparison to even our good and very concerned local oral surgeon was tremendous. Due to my insistence, my husband agreed to go for only an initial consult. He did not want another MD, more complicated appts., more tests, etc. Well....it only took about 10 minutes to realize that this was the place for us.They deal with dental complications related to cancer daily. We could email the surgeon, phone his Nurse Practitioner, once they even put his resident on the phone to answer a question. My husband underwent a complicated debridement and tissue transfer procedure one year ago with excellent healing. Again, the care and follow-up was excellent. He did have HBO with ear tubes inserted during ENT office visit.

The point I want to make is are you able to consult with an oral surgeon/ENT team experienced with H&N cancer dental complications? It is very frustrating because there is no set protocol for these complications, but with a confident team that presented a plan, we knew we were doing everything possible and could stop second guessing ourselves.

CG to husband, dx @ age 65, nonsmoker/social drinker. Dx 5/08 SCC Stage IV, BOT T1N2aM0. 33 IMRT - completed 9/12/08. Induction Chemo (Cisplatin, Taxotere & 5FU), plus concurrent Cisplatin.
1/09 PEG removed; 5/09 neg PET/CT; 5/10 PET/CT NED
Dental extraction & HBOT 2013; ORN 2014; Debridement/Tissue Transfer & HBOT 2016