Please hear me out.

In June, I visited a dentist after quite a while. He noticed white lacy patterns on the inside of my cheeks. He told me these were lesions due to excessive biting of cheek, but also from smoking. I quit immediately and was very scared.

I immediately consulted an oral surgeon. He examined it, and told me it was nothing to worry about. But he performed biopsy anyway and about a week later, the results came back negative. He said I didn't have anything.

My mind was put to rest a little bit. However, I became hypervigilant about checking my mouth. I would frequently rub my tongue along the sides of my cheek to see if there was anything wrong.

About 2.5 weeks ago, I noticed a blister under my tongue. It looked like a typical water blister, but a bit longer. I also noticed my tongue was quite sore and it hurt when I bent it in certain ways.

About 2 weeks ago, I patted the sore, blister area with some toilet paper, and the blister came off, exposing a reddish, raw spot. For a day it hurt quite bad, but it seems to have been healing since then and now it is not immediately painful but still noticeably sore when I twist my tongue in certain ways.

The right side under my tongue also looks noticeably different from the left side. There is spot that is somewhat more 'raw' and redder. Basically it is directly above my bottom teeth, so I'm hoping that this is a traumatic ulcer from too much rubbing or biting. But still, I am extremely scared. I'm visiting an Oral Surgeon tomorrow for an examination.

But the reason I posted here is, did anyone experience anything like this ?

I keep thinking its because of trauma, constantly rubbing my tongue along my teeth and cheeks, but I am quite worried it's cancer.

Last edited by ChristineB; 10-03-2017 12:40 PM. Reason: removed links/pictures