Without a medical degree or years of medical training Im speaking as just another OC patient/survivor. Our sites members are like me, not medical professionals so its not always easy to give answers to complex questions. What Ive heard about Keytruda is its one of the new immunotherapy drugs that has shown great results in OC patients who trialed it when they were diagnosed with OC mets to the lungs. Im very sorry but as far as Ive heard Keytruda has not yet been used in place of the usual chemos (cisplatin, carboplatin, Erbitux or 5FU). Of course since Keytruda is so new, its probably just beginning to become an option. You are the first one here Ive seen have a choice of getting Keytruda instead of the other chemos normally given. Being that your tumor is HPV+ you should have a better response to treatments and have less of a risk for a recurrence than other patients who had other things (like tobacco, trauma, etc) cause their OC.

One thing I would ask your doc is instead of the larger doses of chemo if you are able to be given smaller weekly doses. Most patients find the weekly doses much easier to tolerate and they have less severe side effects. Its worth a shot to ask and see what your doc says.

Best wishes with these difficult decisions!!!

Christine
SCC 6/15/07 L chk & by L molar both Stag I, age44
2x cispltn-35 IMRT end 9/27/07
-65 lbs in 2 mo, no caregvr
Clear PET 1/08
4/4/08 recur L chk Stag I
surg 4/16/08 clr marg
215 HBO dives
3/09 teeth out, trismus
7/2/09 recur, Stg IV
8/24/09 trach, ND, mandiblctmy
3wks medicly inducd coma