Welcome to OCF, Daisy! I am so very sorry to read of your parents both being diagnosed with cancer. It just breaks my heart reading your post. Ive never heard of any couple who both were told the terrible news on the same day. This must have been so difficult for everyone involved. I cant imagine how you and your parents dealt with it that day, and afterwards.

Your mothers case sounds like a very complex one. Sadly, we do have many caregivers whose patients have passed away from OC. Many still check in on our forum from time to time, but they dont always post. I dont know if any of them went thru a similar diagnosis as your mother. Even if the patient was given the same exact diagnosis, their experiences could be vastly different. The doc is correct in saying "every case is different", we see this all the time around here. There are a few posts that go into great detail about what the deceased person went thru towards the end. This may be helpful in what your mother is looking for. Looking thru the "Left behind" section or using our search function may get you to those posts. I also suggest asking the hospice staff, they should be a valuable source for this type of info.

Best wishes to you and your family.

Christine
SCC 6/15/07 L chk & by L molar both Stag I, age44
2x cispltn-35 IMRT end 9/27/07
-65 lbs in 2 mo, no caregvr
Clear PET 1/08
4/4/08 recur L chk Stag I
surg 4/16/08 clr marg
215 HBO dives
3/09 teeth out, trismus
7/2/09 recur, Stg IV
8/24/09 trach, ND, mandiblctmy