Hi everyone,

Very happy to have found this forum, it seems like I can finally reach out to someone, somewhere in the world and ask some questions that concern me.

In June, while visiting the dentist, he remarked that there is visible growth at the back of my throat, something I didn't think much of until he mentioned it. He immediately said it was likely HPV and that I should see an oral pathologist.

Upon hours of research, trying to match google photos with that in my mouth, I was convinced he was right. Its only a single wart looking "papilloma" on the right tonsil and can be seen in a mirror. I believe I recently found another on the bottom left of my tongue.

I've never performed oral sex, so the location of it all has caught me by surprise.

I went to a walk-in clinic recently and got referred to a doc with the hopes of a biopsy or some testing.
All the doctor said was he could visually confirm it was papilloma and due to the location of the wart, that removal is very difficult, and not something he can perform. He didn't recommend anyone else, but basically tried to convince me its fine, and not to worry about it. Its benign he said. So I felt somewhat re-assured and left.

Well, weeks later, I'm starting to feel pain when I swallow on the right side of my throat. Its a minor pain, maybe 3/10 but has persisted for almost a week now.
Fearing the worst, I went to another walk in clinic (I don't have a family doctor, but working on that now) and got another referral to see an ENT, which I asked for specifically.
I am currently waiting to hear back with a doctor appointment.

Upon my own recent visual examination, there is some substantial redness in the back of the throat, and no visible swelling I could say of the tonsils or anything else.

What could be causing the pain when I swallow? For the record, the pain is on the same side as the HPV wart.
Should I be overly concerned? I feel like I've done everything I can at this point, but would love any feedback at all to put my mind more at ease.
Its incredibly stressful to think I have cancer, so any re-assurance would really help.

Side facts: male/32 years old/has been 1.5 years that I stopped training at the gym 5 days a week, cold turkey, diet isn't terrible but not the best, not overweight, 195lbs and 6'2. Casual cigarette smoker, but have stopped with all this worry, and plan to continue that streak.

Thank you for your time to read my concern.