Stef - I admire all those exercises! That will surely help you weather the next weeks. And candy and bears? Boy, I never got those!

As you mention, there will surely be more pain. But it's well managed with meds so don't hesitate to ask for them. I was never offered gabapentin and will be curious to hear how it works for you. In my case it was the heavy hammers of oxycodone and, toward the end, fentanyl patches as well. But whatever does the job.

As Al said, never hesitate to ask any questions here at the forum. Likely someone will have gone through it and have some good advice for you.

I'm also pleased to read that you have a good support network. That will be vital as you get deeper into treatment. I personally found that after about 2 weeks I wasn't able to continue working - in my case sitting here in front of my computer - but I've read of folks who've stayed on the job practically until the end, or even in fact never stopped. But don't push it. Try and get as much rest as you can.

We're here for whatever you need.

Courage! (you're doing great)

David 2
SCC of occult origin 1/09 (age 55)| Stage III TXN1M0 | HPV 16+, non-smoker, moderate drinker | Modified radical neck dissection 3/09 | 31 days IMRT finished 6/09 | Hit 14 years all clear in 6/23 | Radiation Fibrosis Syndrome kicked in a few years after treatment and has been progressing since | Prostate cancer diagnosis 10/18