I know exactly what you mean. Every time I leave a doctors office Im driving home and always think of something I should have discussed. My memory isnt what it used to be.

Try writing things down with an ongoing list that you keep in your purse or vehicle so you dont forget it when you take your husband to his follow up appointment. I make lists but then have the bad habit of leaving it home on my fridge. Ive started doing better when I keep it in my car.

Let us know how the appointment goes and how they explain the test results. Remember they are written by people who have medical backgrounds for people with years of medical schooling to read, not for us regular people. When I was in the hospital in Jan. I found the nurses always used medical lingo at shift change. Surprise!!! I think it was done so patients didnt understand what they were talking about. Thanks to OCF, Ive learned lots of medical terms and would ask them questions when I heard things that didnt sound right. The looks on their faces said everything I needed to know. smile

Christine
SCC 6/15/07 L chk & by L molar both Stag I, age44
2x cispltn-35 IMRT end 9/27/07
-65 lbs in 2 mo, no caregvr
Clear PET 1/08
4/4/08 recur L chk Stag I
surg 4/16/08 clr marg
215 HBO dives
3/09 teeth out, trismus
7/2/09 recur, Stg IV
8/24/09 trach, ND, mandiblctmy
3wks medicly inducd coma