I would just like to add my welcome to ChristineB and Courgardad's. Sorry you had to join our circle of friends but everyone here has been through the cancer journey in one capacity or another; we understand what you're going through.

My husband's cancer also manifested itself initially as swollen lymph nodes and mouth ulcers. He was given antibiotics, the swelling went down. SIx month later, it came back and we were referred to the hospital where he had a quadroscopy and cancer at the base of tongue, P16 positive. I can never shake the thought that the ENT should have investigated more carefully the first time the swelling appeared. We were traveling in China and he assumed that the water was polluted. I'm glad your doctors acted more decisively. Hoping for the best outcome for you in your case.

Gloria
She stood in the storm, and when the wind did not blow her way, she adjusted her sails... Elizabeth Edwards

Wife to John,dx 10/2012, BOT, HPV+, T3N2MO, RAD 70 gy,Cisplatinx2 , PEG in Dec 6, 2012, dx dvt in both legs after second chemo session, Apr 03/13 NED, July 2013 met to lungs, Phase 1 immunotherapy trial Jan 18/14 to July/14. Taxol/carboplatin July/14. Esophagus re-opened Oct 14. PEG out April 8, 2015. Phase 2 trial of Selinexor April to July 2015. At peace Jan 15, 2016.