My husband just had his 2/3 planned rounds of Cisplatin three weeks apart in in the middle of IMRT treatments. He is over half way through the treatments. This time, for the first time since treatment started, he seems to be really struggling emotionally. Don't get me wrong we have had hard days and the entire spectrum of emotional responses but this seems different. He is not feeling well from the Cisplatin which I know is part of it but how do you know when to be concerned and what do you do if you are concerned about their emotional well being? We go to a Cancer Center out of town. We travel and go in for treatment and then come home. I have the insurance for the family and I am trying to still work so we don't stay around for support groups. There is a group locally that has invited him to come but he has not seemed interested. Honestly, we are both so exhausted I think doing one more thing has seemed overwhelming. I am starting to think I might need to insist/encourage. I don't know what else to do. We see the MO on Tuesday. I assume I should mention this to him.

Wife to DP. DX SCC BOT 1/31/17
First treatment 2/27/2017 Cisplatin 3 times and IMRT
Last treatment 4/18/2017
Clear PET 7/13/2017
PEG removed 8/4/2017