Its not an easy decision to select your treatment team and facility. This is especially true Since you have OC again only a short time after finishing treatment for it. In my opinion your case is complicated and needs to be treated. To have this taken care of the right way and to give you the best chances of eliminating OC for good, I suggest seeking out the NCI center even though it isnt close by. Your treatment options could be limited since you have just finished rads. You should make your decision quickly as recurrences tend to grow very fast. Same is true even if your cancer is from some cancer cells remaining after proton therapy.

The new opdivo (nivolumab) immunotherapy chemo has been fast-tracked thru the FDA and is readily available to certain OC patients. I dont know of any of the others that are being tested in trials are effective with OC. So far, the only drug Ive heard that works for OC is opdivo and thats is only working with lung mets patients. Chemo by itself has always been used for palliative care, to shrink a tumor.

Wishing you all the very best with everything. Feel free to ask questions and we will try out best to help you. Please keep us posted on your progress. Good luck!!!

Christine
SCC 6/15/07 L chk & by L molar both Stag I, age44
2x cispltn-35 IMRT end 9/27/07
-65 lbs in 2 mo, no caregvr
Clear PET 1/08
4/4/08 recur L chk Stag I
surg 4/16/08 clr marg
215 HBO dives
3/09 teeth out, trismus
7/2/09 recur, Stg IV
8/24/09 trach, ND, mandiblctmy
3wks medicly inducd coma