Life is very precious. I feel as though I've been constantly reminded of this throughout my life. I lost my father as a teenager after a long battle with heart disease and diabetes. My mother , whom I cared for died 6 weeks after colon cancer diagnosis. My 2nd husband died at age 37 during a hospitalization with pneumonia. My brother lost his battle with lung cancer a couple of years ago. On Valentine's day, my 39 y/o husband came home from the oral surgeon after receiving the devastating news that he has cancer on his tongue. I will be his primary caregiver. PET scan shows activity in 1 node. His surgeon has advised that 1/3-1/2 of his tongue removed along with neck dissection followed by radiation. His surgery is scheduled for 3/27. At first I felt hopeless. After researching and finding support groups like this I feel better informed about the challenges that we will be faced with. I think this is helping to reduce the fear for me. I know it is going to be a long bumpy road but I'm feeling positive now.

Wife to James 39,
Scc tongue dx 2/14/17
Partial glossectomy & neck dissection 3/27/2017
T2n0m0