My heart goes out to all who has had some kind of oral cancer with surgery, radiation treatments and chemotherapy. I had tongue cancer surgery, right neck disection and radiation treatments. To me the loss of taste with the pain inside my mouth from the rad treatments was the worst. I also had all my teeth extracted. I am slim and could not afford to lose a lot of weight (lost 20 pounds). The Ensure and ground up food was not cutting it, I am a picky eater as well. A friend suggested mass gainer from the grocery store, I tried the vanilla and then the chocolate. I could taste the chocolate and was also slightly sweet. I immediately started to gain some weight back. I investigated further and found out that I could get quality mass gainer cheaper and by the bag at the vitamin store. I buy the chocolate and mix it with high protein chocolate milk. It is like a chocolate milk shake and have at l;east 2 a day sometimes 4 if I don't feel like eating. It has been a big help for me and hope it helps other people out!

5/31/16 Partial Glossectomy
Right neck dissection
22 teeth extracted
Six weeks of radiation Ended 8/19/16
2/8/17 Biopsy of epiglottis-cancerous
35 radiation treatments to the throat, End 11/17/17
8/23/19 Tongue reconstruction, left radical neck dissection