Hi, my name is Jeff, I was diagnosed yesterday with cancer of the tongue, well I guess the diagnosis is not official until the lab work comes back but the doctor told me it very very probable that I have a tumor on top of my tongue, way in the back and it has spread to lymph nodes in the neck.

The reason i went to the doctor at all was to have what I thought was a swollen lymph node looked at, 14 tests later and here i am. I am pretty much in a daze right now, of course reading all of the scary stuff on the internet.

My story that I live in Japan, and the diagnosis was done by Japanese doctors in a hospital in Tokyo. I have had this lump on my neck for a very long time, much more than a year and like an idiot i just keep thinking it would resolve itself.

I am flying to Dallas as I type this, on business. I may or may not see an American doctor. Trying to decide what to do next, where to do the treatment, quit working, pretty confused right now. I have a meeting with my Japanese doctors on the 16th, they are referring me to an oncology hospital.

So thanks all for reading my little story, I am glad to of found this site, everyone seems very nice and very brave.

Jeff D