WOW... you are all so amazing and awesome. Christine, BJMPittsburgh, Jo. thank you.
the procedure went well but they had to use General anesthesia because of the trismus ( he currently has a 22 cm range). Even so, the thing no one mentioned but I happened to know about that prevented an ED visit at night was from the trapped C02 when they insufflated his stomach. This casued phrenic nerve trigger and so much shoulder and back pain.. it was a rough weekend.

The suggestions are so helpful. I will go and check out the site you mention Jo. thank you for offering to send one. .. No need, I think they will be useful. .Christine.. the pregnancy belly band is also a great idea. The stockinette mesh is working really well...so we are good with that for now.

the next step is the frustration with delays since the rad onc was away for a week.. so getting to treatment has taken longer than we are comfortable with. It seems a SCC needs to be aggressively treated asap. He isn't having surgery so ...

The trismus is now his issue.. with some pain of the neck/jaw and tired tongue when eating.

he is exercising...

yesterday was the first day I saw anger, frustration and depression in him. This place, at times, feels surreal.

MrsW
Wife, RN and CG to husband 55 yo diagnosed with tonsillar /lymph nodes SCC HPV+ 11/9/16- PEG and Power Port 12/9/16. Treatment started 12/27 Cisplatin x7 and RAD x35 on 12/28/16. Trismus had gotten worse!