Any one else still have a port in place ? I am a year and a half out from chemo and radiation but still using the feeding tube. I have the port flushed every three months but sure have a lot of trouble with it. I have asked several times to have it removed but they say wait till you have the feeding tube removed. Since both are surgical procedures it would save one surgery. I do not foresee being without the feeding tube anytime soon.

The port REALLY sticks out under my skin, so much so that each one of the three little buttons on the triangle shape of the port itself and the line are very clearly visible. I have had it checked several times but they always say it is ok it is just because I lost so much weight. I have lost over 50 pounds and now weigh 85.

It seems as though i must turn my head just the wrong way and it irrates the muscles around the tube. So, so painful for hours BIG time. I hold ice on it when this happens but have not found anything that really helps. I have taken 3 ml of prednisone a day for inflammation due to lupus for many years. Since this port problem I have had to up the prednisone to 16 ml a day to try to control the inflammation.

Anyone else have "port pain" ?

Sept 2002 Rt breast cancer no chemo or radiation.
March 2015 Rt tonsil cancer - walnut size lump rt side neck.
March 2015 Scan, biopsy confirm
March 2015 Port, G tube placed, 10 teeth removed.
July 2015 completed 5 chemo/35 radiations
Sept 2015 Cat Scan all clear
July 2016 G tube, port still in place
Ive had Thyroid "graves disease" and Lupus for many years.
4 kidney stone surgeries past 3 mo with over 100 stones still there !

*** Update... Jo passed away 12/20/17 ... RIP Jo ***