Thanks everyone.

Day 8 of radiation complete.

We took a vacation to an all inclusive resort and Mike used that as part of his weight gain plan. His starting weight wasn't "static" so is not a huge surprise that he's lost a bunch of weight in the first week - down 8 pounds. His calorie count has been at 2,000 a day, he's working on upping that.

The first week of chemo was tough, he was just so very tired I had to wake up for eating and drinking often. I didn't enjoy that, but it is what it is.

We have a recliner all situated with a side table on each side. I placed a crib mattress protector over the top of it to help save the chair from sweats etc. A have a basket full of meds that I've labeled the tops of the bottles so they can be easily read. We are using the App Dosecast to track medication - I'm loving the app.

I've got another situation set up for cleaning of the peg. I put all the supplies in a pretty gift bag. Doing as much as we can to minimize a medical environment and have things be convenient.

Under his side table I have a basket of an extra sheet along with the hospital type puke bags I bought on Amazon.

Across the room we have a cool mist humidifier set up.

As for me, I'm continuing to go to bootcamp a couple times a week. My friends have asked repeatedly what the can do - I've told then if they are making a healthful meal and wanted to make one extra serving I'd be grateful. I've had delicious chili, grilled salmon, roasted veggies. My friends and family are truly the best. Mike's eats are 100% very soft and high calorie so they aren't really a match for me.

Mike had received a thyroid test a while back so there is a baseline for that in place. Hearing is being tested today. I asked about a testosterone baseline today and the RO didn't see a reason for it ... anyone able to say more about that?

The RO looked today and said the tumor is responding to treatment already - that's good to hear.

Thanks everyone for the words of wisdom, car, concern and prayers if that's your thing.

Last edited by Julie916; 11-16-2016 12:30 PM.

Caregiver to my husband, Mike
He is:
56 years old
Non smoker/social drinker
Hpv -
SCC BOT N2C Stage 4
Dx 10/14/16
Rx of 35 days Rad & 3 rounds of cisplatin
Treatment started 11/7/16
PEG installed 11/2/16