Thank you for your responses, especially today. He apparently has woken up in bad shape today and my family is considering taking him in to the ER. He woke up with really dry mouth and is choking on everything he eats. I know if we take him in they are going to give him a feeding tube. I don't want him to do that since August and his surgery and radiation he has only lost two pounds. We've worked too hard to keep his weight up. I think it's a saliva issue.

Dad is seeing private care here locally in Castro Valley. I just went on to the Stanford site yesterday after all these uncertainties but I didn't want to schedule him an appointment without talking to him first. I had heard Dr. K. is the best. He saved this woman I saw at the oncologists the other day.

I am really considering 2nd opinions before letting anyone do anything else to him. What do you think?

P.Silveira
Caregiver to Dad SCC Stage III T2N1M0 left hard & soft palate, left Node Dx 8/17/05, Neck Dissection 9/6/05 clear margins, Rx 30 ended 11/9/05, Still not cancer free. + path, agressive, upcoming chemo