Lola, read your post and just wanted to let you know you are not alone with the pain medication. I completed chemo and radiation over a year ago and still take oxycodone. I hate it every day and constantly worry about being hooked on it.

My Doctor and my husband keeps telling me not to worry about that right now, if it is needed it's needed and we can deal with that later. But with all the press out there talking about the overuse it makes me feel guilty or ashamed that I do take it. On top of that, the hassle of getting refills. Having to go to the doctor office to pick up the written script and taking it to the pharmacy. And, heaven forbid if it the weekend and you try to get it a day early the insurance company steps in and denys early filling. I

I have a history of 7 back fractures and multitudes of kidney stones for which oxycodone is prescribed so the doctor writes the script for more than I take on a regular basis to therefore have back up if needed. Which I have only had to use twice thank goodness. Some days I feel so sad about still having to take it as I always have had a very high pain tolerance and could deal with anything. But like you, the numbness and pain is just more than you can handle. Please hang in there and just concentrate on getting healed. Stay in touch with us !

Sept 2002 Rt breast cancer no chemo or radiation.
March 2015 Rt tonsil cancer - walnut size lump rt side neck.
March 2015 Scan, biopsy confirm
March 2015 Port, G tube placed, 10 teeth removed.
July 2015 completed 5 chemo/35 radiations
Sept 2015 Cat Scan all clear
July 2016 G tube, port still in place
Ive had Thyroid "graves disease" and Lupus for many years.
4 kidney stone surgeries past 3 mo with over 100 stones still there !

*** Update... Jo passed away 12/20/17 ... RIP Jo ***