Hallie, try your very best to stay calm! Stress is the last thing you need right now. Take this one step at a time and dont get ahead of yourself with the "what if's". Focus on preparing for your new bundle of joy smile

Im not saying this isnt important, do get yourself checked thoroughly and biopsied to find out whats going on. A couple more weeks shouldnt make much of a difference. It usually does take at least 3 weeks from the time a patient first discovers their "spot" until they get the biopsy results back. It can take a month to get into an ENT who specializes in treating oral cancer patients. Thats who I suggest seeing, they would be the most experienced in this type of thing.

To answer your question about if its been there for 6 months is it untreatable... NO! Every single patient is slightly different but many do not get diagnosed until Stage IV. Their cancer could have been slowly growing for many months, even years before it was discovered.

There have been a few women who have been pregnant while diagnosed. They are all success stories with happy, healthy moms and babies smile

It could be any number of things besides cancer. There are many different lumps and bumps and sores anyone can have at any time in their mouths. Even experienced physicians must do a biopsy to be certain what a sore is. We have a saying around here... Its not cancer until the biopsy says it is. Hang in there!!!

Christine
SCC 6/15/07 L chk & by L molar both Stag I, age44
2x cispltn-35 IMRT end 9/27/07
-65 lbs in 2 mo, no caregvr
Clear PET 1/08
4/4/08 recur L chk Stag I
surg 4/16/08 clr marg
215 HBO dives
3/09 teeth out, trismus
7/2/09 recur, Stg IV
8/24/09 trach, ND, mandiblctmy
3wks medicly inducd coma