Greetings,

I am so glad I found this site. A few weeks ago I had a lump appear on the left side of my neck. I went to an ENT doc and after a needle biopsy and a cat scan he thought it was just a cyst and scheduled me for surgery on 12/31/05. Once he cut me open he discovered my enlarged lymph node was full of cancer.He then removed my left tonsil and took a biopsy from the back of my tongue. The biopsy from my tongue was clear but they discovered that my tonsil was the primary source of the cancer.

After the initial shock, I've been trying to learn as much as I can about this disease. I have my first meeting with an Oncologist at Hulston Cancer Center in Springfield, MO on 1/13/06. I'm in the process of making a list of questions to ask him. I would appreciate if anyone can suggest what info I need to get from him. I would also like to hear from anyone that has been treated at this center.

I am also having my medical records sent to MD Anderson to review. They said after they review my file they would contact me. Hopefully, if they will accept me, I'll go there to be treated. Only problem is my insurance will only cover 50% of the treatment due to it being an out of network facility.

I want to be proactive and beat this thing. Any comments or suggestions will be appreciated. I look forward to becoming an active member.

Thanks,
Lee