I was officially diagnosed 28 July 2016.
Last Thursday (9/1) I had MRI, PET/CT and CAT scans all done. I couldn't handle the MRI machine at all but that's another story. Dr. calls this morning to discuss things this Thursday (9/8) with the possibility of doing a tracheotomy that evening - that is if I'm game.
I have to say. This totally freaks me out.
There was also some mention of feeding tubes at some point to build up my nutrition so they can do treatment.
It's not so much I have trouble swallowing. It's opening my jaw enough to chew "real" food.
For the most part I live on Boost/Ensure. The only "real" problem I have swallowing is drinking. It almost wants to immediately run straight out my nose - like doing a Netti-Pot.
I'm down to around 110 lbs. from my normal 125-130 (I've never been a big guy at all).

Anyway, I think this sh...t is really start to set in with me that it's really happening to ME.

My Dad is to coming to be with me for Dr. consult on Thursday. I have no family anywhere around me so having him be here for/with me helps. It's an 8 hour drive for him, but he doesn't think twice about it.

Sometimes I feel like having a full-on cry. But, it just doesn't seem to happen.

At this point I'm just kind of freaking out.
I'll 56 on 23 Sep. and this is a whole new world to me.
Thanks for letting me vent.
Eric.