Hello everyone,

Found this forum in hopes of gaining knowledge and support for my father who, today, found out he has tongue cancer.

This is hard for everyone in my family considering my parents still have two of my young siblings at home. (One 12 and the other 10)

Months and months ago he had a white spot on his tongue that he got after he had a tooth capped. He was never a smoker, used chewing tobacco or drank heavily at all.

After months of doctors appointments and shitty misdiagnoses, we got the results of the biopsy today.

"Invasive Moderately Differentiated Squamous Cell Carcinoma"

Which to all of us was a complete shock given the fact he's lived a very healthy lifestyle.

We don't know how far or if its spread elsewhere. One doctor said his lymph's weren't enlarged so I'm holding onto hope in that respect.

Like I said I'm here to learn everything I can to help my dad through this so he can see his two youngest grow up. (I'm the oldest child at 27)

Any Advice or words of encouragement are greatly appreciated.

My family is ultra competitive and doesn't quit so I plan on him fighting harder than he's ever fought before given the stakes.

Thank You All.
John

CareTaker for my dad (John Sr)
Being Treated at Chao Family CCC and UCI
Diagnosed T2 SCC BOT 8/9/2016
Partial Glossectomy w/ Neck Dissection Done 9/22/16