So I'm 3 weeks past surgery. They removed the tumor and removed 1/3 of my tongue. The doctors say I'm recovering very well. They also said the my pathology tests reveal I'm at an intermediate risk with my microscopic nerves in my mouth. I'm still very new to this and don't know the proper way to explain it. I was told radiation is a must but chemo is a heavy suggestion. It would be up to me but the doctors say it would add the extra punch to radiation. It's funny that it will also add the extra punch side effect wise. There is also an option for a clinical trial with a lower toxic dose of chemo called Erbatux. But it's a randomized clinical trial so I'm not guaranteed the lower dose, I'm just guaranteed radiation as the standardized treatment. I do t know what to decide. My family wants me to just do the heavy chemo to make sure everything is taken care of. I'm nervous about it all. The pending pain that will come, the thought of recurrence. Everything. I'm very grateful to have very supportive family members who have been taking care of me during this time. Is anyone familiar with erbatux? Should I go ahead and take the heavier chemo? It's so much.

CA patient age 30
Stage 3 OC
Surgery Partial glossectomy 4/14/16
Surgery on neck 1 lymph infected
Pathology tests show intermediate risk
Radiation starts soon
Chemo suggested but not mandatory