Hi, ALK, you will be feeling much better in a few more weeks. I was lucky and woke up on Day 6 after RT feeling myself again. The mucositis receded quite quickly and so did the skin damage to my neck. And it's so nice not having to go into the treatment centre every day. My taste buds recovered a little after 10 days. It can take a lot longer and there can be an uncomfortable two weeks after treatment ends but the radiation continues to work. At least you can rest at home.

My taste has changed as time has gone on (over 2 years) but just getting some taste back was a relief.

It sounds as if you are doing very well considering you are at the worst stage. Best wishes!!

1996, ovarian cancer surgery + cisplatin and taxol.
September, 2007, SCC of left lateral tongue. Excision.
October, 2009 recurrence in scar tissue, T1NOMO. Free flap surgery from left wrist - neck dissection. 63 year old New Zealander. No chemo, no RT.
February, 2014. New primary in left buccal mucosa. Marginal mandibulectomy, neck dissection, right arm free forearm flap. T1N0M0 but third occurrence and some areas of concern: RT started 8 April and finished 19 May.