Had the left floor of my mouth excised last week as well as a large swath under my tongue. Lesion is 6 mm wide and 2.5 mm thick. Clean margins. Awaiting further path info to determine degree of differentiation and lymphatic involvement, if any. I was very lucky first time round 5 years ago although I had three surgeries including two partial glossectomies I didn't have chemo or rads. The size of the lesion this time is just below the demarcation line for neck dissection but the location may make this tack the preferred option. Waiting...

Catherine, SCC floor of mouth DX 2010,unclear margins, PET scan clear, no chemo or rad,biopsy in 9/2010, 2nd excision 10/2010 didn't get all carcinoma in situ; partial gloss & excis. right floor 2/2/2011 margins clear. Part.gloss-10/5/2011 sev dys clean marg. HPV neg. Don't smoke or drink. SCC floor of mouth left side 4/2016. Dysp excis. rt palate 7/2017 Part gloss sev dys lat marg 2/2019 Part gloss free flap rt neck disc 5/2020 Part gloss bilat neck disc 7/2020 33 rad 3 cis.