Hi all,
I haven't been on much since my treatment in summer of '14, and that's good news in my case. Since being diagnosed with H & N cancer (HPV16) and finding this support group, I had a feeling it's not unlike a Lonely Hearts Club. The ultimate success is determined by not needing it anymore. ;-)

So I had 7 weeks of rads, and 2.5 doses of cisplatin, (last does tapered because of concern for neuropathy). In the winter of '14>'15, I noticed the lack of circulation and cold feet and hands. Approaching my annual physical in December of '15, I had other issues suggesting that indeed, the thyroid was checking out on me: some loss of hair and constant stamina issues (need a daily nap for instance). Doc confirmed under active thyroid & prescribed levothyroxine (75 MCG 1x per day). In February '16, I had a blood check that suggested that it is working, but here it is April and cold feet & hands persist, plus the stamina issues seem to be worse if anything. I may have noticed a slight lessening of hair loss (I still have a full head of hair; had been noticing some on hands after showering and in shower drain). I have heard that the med works slowly, as does the initial damage to the thyroid. Am I expecting too much too soon?

My other issues to date are some muscle scarring and occasional pain in the collarbone into rotator cuff area, and the dry mouth due to saliva gland loss. All in all of course, I feel quite lucky.

Thanks in advance for any perspectives...

JD

HPV16 diagnosis, 6/14
2.5 doses cisplatin, 35 rads finished 8/28/14
1.5 years clear of cancer, at this point.

Head and neck cancer,
Squamous cell carcinoma,
HPV p16, Stage 3N (6/14) Occult origin;
58 year old male 35 rads & 2.5 doses Cisplatin chemo 7/10/14> 8/25/14
1.5 years clear of cancer, at this point.

"This, too is part of Life's Rich Pageant!"