Here is a update. I had my pre op and was cleared for surgery. The Roger Maris cancer center is in charge of cancer patients here. My medical teams reviewed my case a recommendation was for the surgery. I had a chest CT and they found 3mm spot on my lower right lung. Said it was possible to have from the cancer or not it's normal for someone to have it without cancer. Once the biopsy of the lymph nodes is done and if it's got cancer they will biopsy the the spot and other things. I am already set up to see them. Yesterday I had the surgery. They removed the cancer from my tongue and some surrounding tissue. It went so week that they didn't need to graf a peace from my neck to my tongue caused I have a huge tongue. They removed the lymph nodes on my left's side also. I do have a trachea to breath of a few days and a feeding tube down my nose. All in all I'm doing good. Pain is being managed very well. With a med machine continuously and I get a boost every 15 minutes. I'm in ICU overnight and move to a regular room later. My friend who survived cancer gave me and my wife a goody bag if items needed in the hospital. Good TP, sleepmasks with earplugs, cancer band and key chains for my specific cancer. And odd and ends. He has been a rock for us.

squamous cells carcinoma on left side of tongue
Stage 1
surgery Feb 11th