Three years ago today I was just coming out of surgery for a tonsillectomy and biopsies after a positive diagnosis of SCC Head and Neck cancer. Subsequent testing, surgeries and biopsies put me at SCC H&N Tx N2b MO Stage IV HPV+ (Not Pretty!). Unknown primaries make up only 1-2% of all H&N cancers. The road was long and extremely difficult but here I am, 2.5 years out of treatment and still kickin'!

I still struggle with side effects but the "new normal" sure beats the alternatives. I'm blessed. I work hard to maintain a positive attitude and believe me that's the key. To all that were here with me and to all that are new and just starting your journey, maintaning a positive attitude is 90% of the battle.

I'm doing Ok. My GP visit today showed that I gained back 75% of the weight I lost and my health is good despite cardio vascular disease and the physical and mental side effects of treatment. One day at a time and one foot in front of the other wink Find a good hospital and team of doctors. Do your homework, know the enemy and trust in your team. You can and will beat the beast!

My sincerest best wishes to all who supported me and fought the battle along with me, to those I knew who are no longer with us and to those who are just starting the battle...Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays and a Happy, Healthy New Year!

Positive thoughts and prayers

"T"

Cardiac bypass 11/07
Cardiac stents 10/2012
Dx'd 11/30/2012 Tx N2b MO Stage IV HPV+
Palatine Tonsillectomy/Biopsies 12-21-12
Selective Neck Dissection/Lingual Tonsillectomy/biopsies TORS 2/7/13
Emergency Surgery/Bleeding 2/18/13
3/13/2013 30rads/6chemo
Finished Tx 4/24/13
NED Since