I received my newly constructed tongue on September 29th. Because the left side floor of my mouth was also removed and the flap was used to fix that as well. I have around 4-5 teeth on that side of my mouth. My flap was sewn over my teeth on that side.
I tend to clinch my teeth in my sleep (a long time habit) and have been biting this flap at night. The doctor casually said that if I bite through it no problem it will heal. I couldn't imagine what he said. The one thing I don't want to do is to eat this thing. What should I do? I was sent to a doctor for a bite guard but they don't accept insurance for it and it's around $1200. So right now I am using the type football players use $6 and works great. The problem is that I had already chewed it so much, little pieces are starting to come off, gross. Has anyone else experienced this. Help!
Should I ask for additional surgery because in addition to the biting my trapped teeth are beginning to become irritated and now having pain. I appreciate any advice.

6/23/15 DX SCC left lateral tongue and dysplasia floor of mouth
Surgery in October procedure: partial glossectomy, dissection L floor of mouth and neck
No RT or Chemo
Radial flap reconstruction