Thanks so much for your nice responses everyone. Yeah, Di...I guess we are both a bit crazy, over-zealous,hypervigilent...whatever we wanna call it! I just want to catch anything as soon as I can as catching this early the first run for me has made all the difference in both prognosis and treatment...
So, I actually was able to see my dentist yesterday morning (and even conveniently on the way home from my night shift at the hospital...the office opens at 7am on Mondays...good to know!)...my wisdom teeth are both still there on the bottom and totally impacted; I am gonna go to the oral surgeon who did my original biopsy for a consult on getting those out. I want to do it as she thinks the little swollen spot on the jaw is related. She gave me some penicillin and it is going down already. I hate worrying but I love the feeling after facing it and having it checked out. Either you know something is up and can act on it...or you skate by and it's nothing or something else entirely. I felt great when I walked out of that office.
Thank you again everyone for the support. I was kinda crazy before the cancer by the way.
Denise

Biopsy tongue 3/24/15
Diagnosis SCC tongue/floor of mouth
Partial glossectomy, resection and right neck dissection done
4/22/15
T2aN0M0
05/01/2015-no further treatment indicated at this time,
monthly check ups for two years