Welcome to OCF! We have members from all over the world who have had their cancers not just BOT but many had it on the soft palate, gums, lateral tongue, cheeks, etc. There are so many variables that go into the mix that often its comparing apples to oranges when comparing patients. We have several members who have had their cancer located on their soft palate so hopefully one of them will respond soon.

Thrush is common in OC patients. For most, thrush usually clears up in a few days with prescription meds like nystatin, ect. Some patients with weakened immune systems take a bit longer to kick thrush.

Im concerned that the red patches were not given enough attention, especially for someone with your husbands history. I advise to make an appointment with the ENT to check out those patches. My other concern is with your husbands history of recurrences that waiting 6 weeks is too long. The rule about mouth sores goes like this... Any sore in the mouth hasnt resolved itself within 2 or 3 weeks needs to be checked by a professional. You are correct, the chest xray is fairly common for check ups.

Christine
SCC 6/15/07 L chk & by L molar both Stag I, age44
2x cispltn-35 IMRT end 9/27/07
-65 lbs in 2 mo, no caregvr
Clear PET 1/08
4/4/08 recur L chk Stag I
surg 4/16/08 clr marg
215 HBO dives
3/09 teeth out, trismus
7/2/09 recur, Stg IV
8/24/09 trach, ND, mandiblctmy
3wks medicly inducd coma