Thank you Susan and others for your feedback. I really didn't think it was a good idea to get implants on my radiated side and have never discussed that with my prosthodontist. The latter suggested implants on my lower good side when my lower teeth finally give up the ghost. I was initially horrified at the thought of having something artificial implanted into a problematic mouth but I'm now thinking that it could be an option (on the good side only) in the future. If I lose all my lower teeth one day, implants to hold a plate in will be the only option I think. Won't get ahead of myself right now. I don't usually think too far ahead but the throwaway comment by the ENT consultant made me think that there are some options for the future. Remember when we used to groan about a regular trip to the dentist!

1996, ovarian cancer surgery + cisplatin and taxol.
September, 2007, SCC of left lateral tongue. Excision.
October, 2009 recurrence in scar tissue, T1NOMO. Free flap surgery from left wrist - neck dissection. 63 year old New Zealander. No chemo, no RT.
February, 2014. New primary in left buccal mucosa. Marginal mandibulectomy, neck dissection, right arm free forearm flap. T1N0M0 but third occurrence and some areas of concern: RT started 8 April and finished 19 May.