Hi everyone. It's been about five weeks since my last post and I thought I'd just bring things up to date. I'm moving over here from Currently In Treatment because, well, treatments are ended, the PEG is out, I am back at work and beginning to have a life again. It sure feels good to be feeling good!

I've been pondering why I had this big gap between my last post and this one. I guess I just felt like getting through the post-treatment blahs and into a general recovery from treatment side effects without a whole lot of drama. I had come to think of myself as a cancer patient first and a human being second, strange as that sounds. And the idea of coming back here just felt like it would amplify that feeling. I know it doesn't make any sense, but it's easier to see that now than it was from the bottom of the recovery curve.

I am still and will always be grateful for the information, encouragement and inspiration I found here as I was starting my journey. Now as I'm transitioning back into a new-normal life and waiting for my post-treatment scan on September 24, I feel pretty well prepared to deal with the mental side of this -- the impatience in treatment symptoms' resolution (sure would be nice to be able to taste ice cream! smile )and the worry over what the scan will show (remembering to put aside things outside my control).

So I guess this post is to acknowledge and thank you all for the help early on, and to let you know that I'm going to be all right, no matter what. Also, to share with anyone who might be where I was several weeks ago the fact that things get better and you get a life back when you come out the other end.

Peter, age 62 at Dx
3/27/15 Dx T2N2aM0 Tonsilar P16+ G3 SCC
4/6/15 Full PET clear except for above
4/24/15 TOLM tonsillectomy/clear margins. Neck dissection 20 nodes (1 w/cancer & extracapsular extension)
5/28/15 PEG in
5/27 - 7/10/15 Daily Radiation to 66 units cumulative; Cisplatin weekly X 7
8/24/15 PEG out
9/24/15 Full body PET - N.E.D.
12/22/15 CT and physical exam. Continued clear.
3/11/16 Physical exam. Continued clear.
7/12/16 One year post-treatment! CT clear.
7/7/17 2 years post - still clear