I'm completing my seventh year out from stage 4 squish cell, & have found my entire homeostatic balance is only now emerging as stable in every sense of the notion. Not having been informed as to the likely outcome, even during post-surgical follow discussions, had deliberately misinformed us as to realistic consequences, was never suggested. Having reflected upon the outstanding quality of medical treatment, it�s become apparent my actual survival was not seriously considered as occurring. The only feasible explanation for being told returning to work in 5 to 6 months, all the while being fully aware my profession was predicated upon my having easily understood speech, when actually any speech clarity would never be feasible. Charging into recovery, unaware that every again eating meals, speaking clearly & naturally, the struggle with cancer related fatigue, the wholesale clasp of my financial infrastructure & social network, profound marital stress, all the while investing my deepest efforts into managing my survive of cancer, has left me a quite different person.

Thankfully my genetic endowments of a resilient mind-set, & what of surgeon described me as possessing �usual constitutional fortitude,� once again came through for me as if fact, through all the horrific hellacious years, this �quite different person� is a better version of my being-ness.

I have been moved & amazed by the stories read of others life circumstances, for which my past years in recover pales in comparison.