To all:

Thanks for the replys. There is no such thing as Too Much Information. I believe that I should not continue to maintain the conversation in this particular part of the forum and will study the other forum offerings to see where to continue best. I have already had the surgery; already had all the dental treatment required before Rad Treat. Thanks for the feedback.

The reason I searched until I found this forum is because of the wide range of side effects concomitant with each of the chemo drugs available. After searching out and reading every study I could locate I quickly came to the conclusions that Oncology Doc's (bless their hearts) consider even a two month extension of life a victory. Their definition of victory and mine are not the same. Several close personal friends are doctors (none oncologists - though all but one are surgeons) and ER / Critical Care nurses. None stated they would do Chemo should they be required to make the decision (of course, none have cancer and bravado often disappears when the cannons first roar).

The more I studied the more I came to believe that I needed to speak with those that had sat across the poker table with Cancer and Death. I believed that only in discussion with them would I gain insight into the wisdom they had each gained going through their individual processes.

I know no other person can make any decision for me but I do know each can contribute to my efforts to come to grips with my condition and with the decisions I have to make that will possibly effect my longevity. Again, I thank each of your for your shared insight and thoughts regarding my questions.

T2N1 SCC
Robo Surgery 6/17/15
1 Extranodal extension- primary cancerous lymph node
Removal of rt side lymph nodes in neck
Removal of rt tonsil
multiple removal sites during surgery