I am sorry you have to be here, but I do wish to welcome you to the family. I see that you are in Ontario, where is your son being treated? Is he at Princess Margaret Hospital?

The chemo-radiation combination is tough but doable. He will need to stay hydrated all through (2 liters of fluids a day at least, if not more). The hospital will send him to get his teeth and hearing checked. He may want to eat as much of his favorite foods as he can since it will be a while he will be able to do this once treatment starts. It also won't hurt for him to put on some weight in preparation for the ordeal as he will lose weight.

Please come back whenever you have questions or just need to vent. There are a number of us Canucks on the forum. I hope we will be able to do some handholding.

Gloria
She stood in the storm, and when the wind did not blow her way, she adjusted her sails... Elizabeth Edwards

Wife to John,dx 10/2012, BOT, HPV+, T3N2MO, RAD 70 gy,Cisplatinx2 , PEG in Dec 6, 2012, dx dvt in both legs after second chemo session, Apr 03/13 NED, July 2013 met to lungs, Phase 1 immunotherapy trial Jan 18/14 to July/14. Taxol/carboplatin July/14. Esophagus re-opened Oct 14. PEG out April 8, 2015. Phase 2 trial of Selinexor April to July 2015. At peace Jan 15, 2016.