Hi All,

I had a painful sore on the left side of my tongue since the beginning of April. I saw my regular doc about the 3rd week of April because I had what turned out to be a nasty respiratory virus. I mentioned the sore to her and she said, yeah, yeah, it's a cold sore. It'll go away. Without looking at it. I had a scheduled dental appt in May and my dentist confirmed what I knew--not a cold sore.

Dentist wanted me to see a periodontist for some issues and thought the peri could also evaluate the sore. Unfortunately, the peri's office was closed for a month. I made another appt with my regular doctor but she wasn't in. Her nurse tried to find someone to get me in for a biopsy. I finally ended up calling my insurance company to get help finding a participating oral surgeon.

I saw her on Monday (6/22). She didn't even talk about trying anything or wait and see. She took the sore and surrounding tissue and also some tissue from inside cheek on the right side. I have a follow up appt. 7/13.

I've been reading here for a bit. I wasn't planning on joining unless, well, the results put me here. But, this morning, while brushing my teeth the best I can, I thought I noticed some swelling under my chin. I talked myself out of it really being anything. When my daughter came home from work tonight, she asked why I was swelling up.

I'll call my oral surgeon in the morning but any guesses on why under my chin is swelling up? It's not hard or lumpy, just puffy.