I don't know if anyone will relate to my frustrations. We have a free dental service for oncology patients like me but its so slow getting my bottom plate made that teeth are breaking, fillings falling out, decay setting in while I wait, wait ,wait. Meanwhile I'm biting my limp lower left lip which has no support because all those left bottom teeth were removed for the flap. The prosthodontist is great but he's doing several things at once and so busy that it's hard to pin him down as to what is happening. Today I schlepped myself in car/train/bus to the hospital where he worked only for the filling he built up on a back tooth to sheer off during the night. Got up, had another half sleeping tablet and got out my iPad to vent. Appointments keep getting cancelled. It needs 6 to make a plate.

He told me today that the existing bottom front teeth are loose and need support but he seems congenitally unable to tell me when that is going to be and all my plans to be assertive fall out the window when a fed up assistant says he's running late
because he's been in surgery etc.There's no one else to go to so I'm going to have to wait two weeks to talk to him again.
This is far far tinier a problem than having active cancer but my hope have been built up that I'll have a straighter mouth, less food spill better chewing but I'm scared the teeth will be gone by the time the plate making gets on its way. I know there are lots of logical inconsistencies in this rant. Starting to fall asleep so will sign off feeling suitably vented:)

1996, ovarian cancer surgery + cisplatin and taxol.
September, 2007, SCC of left lateral tongue. Excision.
October, 2009 recurrence in scar tissue, T1NOMO. Free flap surgery from left wrist - neck dissection. 63 year old New Zealander. No chemo, no RT.
February, 2014. New primary in left buccal mucosa. Marginal mandibulectomy, neck dissection, right arm free forearm flap. T1N0M0 but third occurrence and some areas of concern: RT started 8 April and finished 19 May.