JC, your posts are very similar so I combined them into one thread.

Your case sounds like it could be a complicated one. When dealing with complicated cases, a patient should seek out the most skilled medical professionals they can get. In my previous post, I wrote about going to a CCC if possible. At the very least you should get a second opinion.

NCI CCC list

Since this could be a recurrence of the original disease, I would urge you to consider going to one of the major CCCs. If your finances are part of this equation, some airlines fly cancer patients for free. There are places to stay for free or very low cost. I can point you in the right direction if you need this, let me know.

Right now you probably still feel pretty crappy from what you just went thru. Focus on your intake with at least 2500 calories and 48-64 oz of water daily. If you can push yourself to take in more calories that will help you bounce back quicker too. Rads can really wipe you out so Im concerned about your stamina going into another round of this so quickly.

I know its very stressful when you are first diagnosed, especially after just going thru rads. I remember how my head was spinning and I didnt know which way to turn. Take a deep breath and try your very best to take it one step at a time. The unknown is always the most scary. If you are feeling like this is a bit overwhelming, you arent alone. Many OC patients (and many caregivers too) will take anxiety meds to help get them thru the difficult weeks, sometimes months.

Stick with us and we will try our very best to help you.

Christine
SCC 6/15/07 L chk & by L molar both Stag I, age44
2x cispltn-35 IMRT end 9/27/07
-65 lbs in 2 mo, no caregvr
Clear PET 1/08
4/4/08 recur L chk Stag I
surg 4/16/08 clr marg
215 HBO dives
3/09 teeth out, trismus
7/2/09 recur, Stg IV
8/24/09 trach, ND, mandiblctmy
3wks medicly inducd coma