The doctor has limited time to explain things to you, so sometimes Google is helpful for understanding what the doctor is telling you. It is NOT useful for answering questions like "is this cancer" and "will this kill me", which is what you want to know. Only cancer comes up because thats what you are looking for.

There is a lot of waiting for a cancer patient. Waiting for test results, waiting in treatment rooms, waiting for years after treatment to see if it will return. Once you have it cancer never really goes away, its a storm cloud hanging just over the horizon.

Worry is a misuse of imagination. Do what you need to do, see doctors, get biopsies etc, and then put it aside. There is more to life than this. Make a conscious effort to keep a positive outlook on everything you do, and be grateful for every day you get to wake up healthy.

That is pretty much a letter to my younger self, of things I wish I appreciated last year. I hope you and your brother never go through what we've had to, but we're here for you if you do.

Cheers, Dave (OzMojo)
19Feb2014 Diagnosed T2N2bM0 P16+ve SCC Tonsil.
31Mar2014 2 Cisplatin, 70gy over 7 weeks (completed 16May2014)
11August2014 PET/CT clear.
17July2019 5 years NED.