Hi, my name is Anita and I cannot tell you how much it means to find a site like this one. I had SCC of the tongue in 2006 and just found out that it has returned. I am supposed to have surgery on June 26th and my surgeon says I need to have my salivary gland re-routed and because the area is large that I will probably need a skin graft but otherwise he is vague on outcomes which is very frightening to me. He also told me the results would not be back for over a week. He also said they may have to remove the lymph nodes in my neck but that he couldn�t be sure until after the surgery. Since my husband died a little over two years ago everything has been a struggle, both financially and emotionally. My family (my mother who has Alzheimer�s and my two children) rely on me but lately I have felt too weak to properly care for them! My doctor says this could be from a Vitamin D deficiency (level very low) or because I have nodules on my thyroid. I don�t know what to do or where to turn. I am overwhelmed. I feel as though I need a second opinion and I know that MD Anderson is only about 4.5 hours away from me but I just don�t know who to trust. I feel as though I need a caretaker but unfortunately that is unlikely in my situation. If anyone has any advice it would be more appreciated than you�ll ever know.

I am a widow with two children. My husband died suddenly in 2012. I was first diagnosed with tongue cancer in 2006, had surgery and was told it was clear. After my first surgery my tongue was not centered on my mouth and my teeth constantly rub on it creating sores. Now my cancer has returned. My only support system is my children who are dependent on me. I need a second opinion but money is an issue. I am trying to stay positive but it is difficult.