So I've been sick off and on with upper respiratory stuff since January. Felt better by March after two rounds of antibiotics. Then in April started getting a funny feeling in my chest. Went to a walk in clinic and they diagnosed me with a sinus infection turning into bronchitis. Got another round of antibiotic. About a week later I saw my GP and everything seemed to be getting better. About two weeks later (last Wednesday) I started feeling worse (chest pain, shortness of breath, cough, funny sound on inhale) so I called the doctor and she ordered up an X-ray. The X-ray showed some fluid on my right lung and a broken rib just below my breast. Doc said don't panic (yeah right) it's probably pneumonia based on my other symptoms and ordered a follow up CT. I get the results of the CT today. Still have the fluid and it shows some pleural thickening. No tumors shown on the CT. Doc wants to drain the fluid and test it. Well I am freaking out. It has been almost 4 years since I was diagnosed but I know this damn disease can sneak up on you years later. She is still saying don't panic, this could all be due to infection. I've calmed down a little. It is what it is at this point. Just wanted to share, extra prayers won't help.

I've had no local recurrences up to this point, no lymph node recurrences. Had a chest X-ray just for follow up purposes in July 2013 that was clear. I know X-rays don't always show cancer though.

Has anyone ever heard of radiation to the neck causing symptoms such as these.

Do not go gentle into that good night. Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

31 @ Dx SCC of tongue right side May 27, 2011, no tobacco, light drink
Partial gloss. and ND June 2011 - 2 jaw nodes positive ("encapsulated")
33 rads ended 10/21/11.
Dx Non small cell lung cancer 05/18/15