Brooklyn Bridge, congrats on the positive report!

For trying to gain/regain weight, think of foods high in carbs. Even though you are still on soft foods, there are still some great options available to you. Oatmeal, pasta, potatoes and sweet potatoes are all high in carbs and easy to chew and swallow. The oatmeal and pasta can also be healthier if you use whole grain varieties. Whip some milk and butter into your potatoes to make mashed potatoes. Dried fruits (raisins, dried apricots, etc.) are also full of carbs. You can carry them around with you to snack on during the day. They're also good with oatmeal. Beans are another high carb food and also high in protein.

Don't forget to take whey powder, which is full of protein. It's easy to make smoothies with whey powder, bananas, fruit, milk or yogurt, peanut butter, etc.

I ate plenty of the above for gaining weight prior to starting rads and it worked well for me. I hope you get similar results.

Bon appetit!

Andrew
4x survivor
1998 - SCC of larynx
...laryngectomy, tracheotomy, radiation, caries, HBO, teeth extr, TEP
2002 - lung cancer, wedge resection
2014 - SCC of BOT, pharynx, oropharynx, HPV-, stage IV, T2N0MX, invasive, poorly differentiated
...chemo (carboplatin, taxol), dc'd due to neuropathy
2015 - SCC of palate
...Feb-April IMRT (46 x 70 Gy)
...Jan 2015 - May 2016 cetuximab 500 mg q week x 55wks
2016 - metastases to mediastinum, lungs, spleen, pancreas
...Aug-? pembrolizumab q 3 wks