I am wondering what you have been advised as to exposure to sun. Have you been told to stay out of the sun completely or is good sunscreen enough.

We just got back from 2 weeks on the beach in Mexico and from the looks of both of us being very tan although we did use lots of high sunscreen could my husband be pushing his luck.

I know I have, just a few days before leaving I saw a small red spot on my nose and felt the need to see a dermatologist. Unfortunately she said it was basal cell carcinoma and I need to come back. Went back yesterday and I thought it would be just a simple procedure to remove it but when I asked how she would know if there were clear margins she said this was just a biopsy and explained plan B. WOW, it looks like I will be having Mohs surgery and some of the before and after surgery were pretty scary. Maybe time to switch from sunny vacations to Iceland.

Just curious what others have been told about being in the sun. I am always reminding my husband to put on sunscreen, especially on his neck.

Husband diagnosed Oct '11 Cancer of the vocal cord Nov '11 removed right vocal cord. Neck Dissection, cancer in one node, .2, very small & contained) Jan '12 Radiation and Cisplatin, 6 doses. June '12 & Dec '12 clear Pet scan. April '13 Celebrating 1 year cancer free since treatment ended.