Welcome to OCF! First, I want to make sure you know this site is made up of patients and caregivers. We dont have medical backgrounds so when we give advice its from personal experiences and things we have learned from other members.

For your situation, I would advise you to go back to get it checked. After 4 weeks it should be mostly healed. But, healing happens from the inside out so what you see on the outside may not be a true representation of what is really happening with the wound inside. Best to get it seen by your medical professional. I always tell members to get checked to rule out any serious problems. If it bothers you enough to research, find this site, join and post your concerns then you should get checked. Always better to be safe and seek help before it becomes more serious.

Healing as well as responding to medical treatments can greatly vary. Some patients will bounce right back in a short time frame while others have more delayed reactions to things. With dysplasia, it frequently comes back so dont be surprised if it regrows.

Best wishes with your continued recovery.

Christine
SCC 6/15/07 L chk & by L molar both Stag I, age44
2x cispltn-35 IMRT end 9/27/07
-65 lbs in 2 mo, no caregvr
Clear PET 1/08
4/4/08 recur L chk Stag I
surg 4/16/08 clr marg
215 HBO dives
3/09 teeth out, trismus
7/2/09 recur, Stg IV
8/24/09 trach, ND, mandiblctmy
3wks medicly inducd coma